Friday, August 10, 2007

Boston Mass - We made it

At last we are here. I know I've been neglecting to update, but we really had to push these last couple of days to get here. To think that on Tuesday Morning we were in Fargo and at 3:30 Friday afternoon we were in Brighton - I'm amazed myself that we did it.

Tuesday we got all the way through Minnesota - even through Minneapolis/St Paul at rush hour and into Wisconsin.

Wednesday we got to the SS Badger ferry in Manatowac, WI and landed in Ludington, MI. (Side note to Liz G. - I love Ludington and want to go back there some day. Didn't have time to do much more than oooh at it.) Considering that we had 4 hours without driving, we then pushed ourselves to Ann Arbor that night. Got in around midnight.

Yesterday we got through Ohio, a bit of Pennsylvania, into New York, saw Niagara Falls and pushed on to Utica. Got to our hotel around 11:30. Upstate New York is another one of those places that I want to come back to. Beautiful country. And I love those New England farmhouses. So plain and simple and box-y.

This morning, we set out from Utica on the NY Thruway and around noon got onto the Mass Turnpike. We'd have been in Boston sooner but for an accident outside of Worcester.

Can I just say that I'm glad to be done driving and I'm especially happy I won't be driving in Boston. These people are nuts!

We seen just about every kind of driver and road condition on this trip. In fact I think we should have called the blog Road Work Ahead! We encountered road work of some kind in every state but Montana. And we were only in a little corner of Montana by the entrance to Yellowstone. But only in Mass did we see and accident and only in Boston have we seen every rule of the road broken. Amazing. We'll be doing public transit and cabs for the rest of my stay here. Too nuts for me.

But anyway - we've made it here. We've had real food for tonight. Severus is happy in his new home and sleep is just what the doctor ordered. We'll fill you in with pictures from the last few days and of the move in later. Just wanted you all to know that we made it - and we still like each other!

- kc